Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Letter

To His Highness


Dear Sir El Mofadda,

I am a regular citizen.
My aspirations do not exceed that of the regular layman.
I want to eat without getting food poisoning.
I want to learn something in school.
I want to get the right medicine when I’m sick.
And I want hot water in the winter.

I want to pay for all these things. I don’t want them for free.

I don’t want to be filthy rich.
I don’t want my own gourmet cook.
I don’t want to study in Yale.
I don’t want to get bird flue vaccination.
And I don’t want my own Jacuzzi.

My biggest dream is to walk in a hospital, and find a free bed for my Grandmother without having to fight with the hospital manager. Or find the medicine I need, without having to contact an MP to get it from the hospital store room.

I know they can fake history books and say 2006 was the beginning of the golden age. But we are going to have to tell our children one day how we suffered that year to get water, electricity, medicine, and decent food.

History is written by those who remember it. Not those who fake it.

How does that make you feel?
Knowing your days are soon to be over?
How does it feel to be on top of a deteriorating country and have to be face to face with another Majesty, knowing all his accomplishments?

They say you want to be King.
Isn’t King a promotion? Really?


Your loving citizens,

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL .. Bada3ti .. Bacher itha es2lona bengool "hatha man3orfah sidi" :))

Sa7 elsanich :*

Arfana said...

ummel3yal,

who?
ana ba3ad ma3orfah lol

Anonymous said...

Correction
History is written by the winners, otherwise the ones in control. And I’m loosing hope.

Arfana said...

ghasheema,

i know it's a lot of negative energy but el 7ala me7tala!

ayya,

if that were true, we shouldn't be knowing all we know :-)

Mozart said...

i think his highness "rafi3 el jam"

wo salamatkom :)

بالديسار said...

can i get the gourmet chef please if you don't need him

well done sis

blacklight said...

dear Arfana we are having an Identity struggle whether we become a true civilized citizens with high morals and a great sense of responsibility or continue living in this dump like a swarm of flies (pardon me for my harsh words).I believe q8ies are very different some of us r radical , some of us r inert but i guess that all of us do agree that we should achieve high standards of living . the problem is some people like you and me do agree to reach that we must remedy ourselves 1st and admit our laziness or lack of responsibility others think that corruption is responsible for all of this and every thing should come to them by default with no effort nor hard work cuz this is a rich country. Corruption Corruption its like a ball that we through inside the court of our parliament and our government to escape from reality.

Delicately Realistic said...

Ouch!

Arfana said...

mozart
then we'll have to get louder yeah?

baldisar
for you... i'll come and be your chef! just give me a few years to get the hang of it :-)

blacklight
I totally agree. We have this entightelment culture! yet i don't blame them. Those in authority present a negative model, what will that teach the less fortunate?

DR
Ouch indeed..

Anonymous said...

LooooL, Yale sucks... who want to study in Yale any way...
do you think he will call you? mybe if not him Aman eldawllah...

Che

Arfana said...

My dear Che!
al 7adir el gha2eb!
So that's what happened to your site!!!! Ya laaaahwy :-)

BintBuNaz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BintBuNaz said...

DITTO.

Sometimes people write things and you think, "Damn... I wish I'd written that."

This was one of them. :)

N.
(edited because the grammar sucked on the last comment, and I'm anal like that :P)

Arfana said...

bintbunaz,
Thank you sweetie :-))))
so I hear!!! :-)

Next time I'm there, we'll have to get together over coffee, chocolate, or anything else :-)

Anonymous said...

we can remove il araf :P
.
.
www.Q8ies.com