Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

إهداء: إلى ولادة
الرسالة التالية منشورة هنا


Dear Thomas,
What if a person thinks he has more than one soul mate and is having difficulty picking the one whom he wants to spend his life with-and each soul mate has different attributes about them that he loves. How to decide? -- Tom


Dear Tom,
At a certain point in life, many of us find ourselves in the difficult situation of loving two people and feeling the need to choose one over the other. The situation can be torture, and anyone can feel torn apart. I don't mean to take anything away from your feelings, but your language hints at a solution. You sound as though you're standing back and judging these people. I suspect that if you let yourself get closer to each of them, the choice would be made for you. As a therapist, I listen closely to the words people use. When you use the word "picking," my ears prick up. The way I imagine a deep soul connection, love picks you and your partner. The "soul" part of soul mate is the depth of the connection. It goes beyond reason and control and seems to be ordained by fate. Maybe you need to take more time to be involved with these people and let a decision emerge. If you really are soul mates, you should be able to talk with enough honesty and depth to know what to do. If you yourself acted like a soul mate, you would describe the situation as two people together making a decision, not one sizing up the other. You have to ease up on your desire to know everything and to be in control-so you'll see the signs of real love. When you make the shift from being fully in charge to letting life happen, you'll discover how to be-and have-a soul mate.



So, bloggers? What do you think?

11 comments:

eshda3wa said...

i totally agree, sure a person can have certain connections with different ppl, but a soulmate... one, if ever

Anonymous said...

does the soulmate have to be the person's lover??

can it be his mother, father, sister, bestfriend or even better twin???

soul and mate...i guess to me it can be anyone....if that person is really THE mate Of the soul..

I dont know if am making sense to u...but its a thought that hit me when i read ur post.

iDip said...

كلام جميل
كلام معقول
ماقدرش اقول حاجة عنه
:)

ولاّدة سابقاً ... رانيا السعد ...رانية المنيفي حسب الأوراق الرسمية said...

شكراً على الإهداء

Delicately Realistic said...

I guess i agree, but i would have never of thought of it that way at all.

Wallah 7ala...nas mo lagyenlohom one person to love o hatha 7athrita 3inda 2.

Shurouq said...

Hehe
Mo chinna wallada mo 3ajeb'ha elkalam?!

Arfana, a belated happy velentine's to you too :*

Not that i've ever, ever been in Tom's shoes.. But I totally relate.

Shurouq said...

Lying sucks.

I live in Tom's shoes.

Arfana said...

My wonderful friends,

Sorry I was late replying to you all; but things are literally out of hand here!

eshda3wa
i've thought and though, but then, what's a soulmate?? How do you define that? Like ghasheema said, does your soulmate have to be your lover?

Ah and Nawwartay :-)

ghasheema
I agree. Being in love doesn't mean he/she is the soulmate. Because, when you need to gossib who do you go to? lol

I liked that line about letting go of trying to know everything. Good insight :-)

idip
wallahi yabni leek wa7sha! Mosh hat3addi 3alaina tani wella eih??? :-)
Hope your valentine was fun :-)

Wallada
Chinna moo 3ajbich el 7achi? :-p
lol
I love that you're a hopeless romantic :-)

DR
take one of Shorouq's she's been in a delimma for a while :-)

I know I loved the insight!

Shorouq
Oh my dear dear shorouq, do you know your exact time and date of birth? I am interested to know your Venus placement:-p
o yes shakilha METDAYGA lol

Mohammad Al-Yousifi said...

تحياتي

الحب السلبي

Shurouq said...

March 22, 76
And I'm not sure about the exact time, but I know I was born with the sunrise. And therefore the cheesy name :/

New post ma 3alaich amer.

Arfana said...

matgoog,

ya3ni 7asibha zyara :-pppp


sayir salbi :)


Shorouq,
that explains a lot! You're an Aries with Pisces in Venus! ooooh poor soul :-)

7asal... amrik mota3 :-pp